[MyData & Open Data] Invitation To RealConsent Workshop in London -Jan 28 from 3-5 pm

smarthart mark.lizar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 15:40:03 UTC 2016

Greetings,

The #PDT network, @KantaraInitiative & @weDrive are sponsoring an event about #RealConsent where we aim to cover the latest in new regulation and the emergence of modern Consent.Tech standards.

In this regard I would like to invite you all to attend and contribute to the discussion of modern consent technology.

Register at http://real-consent.org <http://real-consent.org/>  or directly on EventBright <https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/real-consent-campaign-launch-tickets-20859555492?utm_campaign=new_event_email&utm_medium=email&utm_source=eb_email&utm_term=viewmyevent_button>

If you can’t attend, but want to get involved we have a  Linked-IN Based: Personal Data Trust Network Consent Group <https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8452490> and a mailing list at OpenNotice.googlegroups.com <http://opennotice.googlegroups.com/>.  Also, with the consent of those who do attend we may have a live stream, keep tuned to #RealConsent on twitter to find out more.  (and pass this invite on)

The Organiser: Mark Lizar

**** Additional Information ****
The term Consent has accrued quite the bad reputation, most experts and advocates think the worst about the term and rightly so.  What’s called consent these days is not Real Consent.   Its a sham, its a click in a check box that at best demonstrates assent, and most commonly seen as acquiesce to terms which people have not read and often change.  What Par Lannero has described as "The Biggest Lie".

Now, there are new approaches and technologies which go beyond mere assent, new laws which will require the ability to withdraw consent once it is given, and a massive market appetite for people to control their own data.

Join us and lets look at what modern consent tech is all about.   In the workshop, we invite those interested in consent to come and bring their topics.   (good or bad)  As well, we are looking to create a list of Real.Consent Technologies so that we can examine and engage with these technologies when building trust framework and identity initiatives of the future.

The Agenda:
Real Consent Campaign - Dispelling the myths with education and awareness
GDPR & Consent - Richard Beaumont
Consent Tech & Open Consent -  Mark Lizar
Consent Standards - what might they be?
Open Discussion

Then from 5:15 to 6 pm an optional drink at local pub.   If you can’t make it in person keep an eye on twitter using the #RealConsent  (hashtag) and we will post the live video feed.  (if those attending provide consent)
Then from 5:15 to 6 pm an optional drink at local pub.   If you can’t make it in person keep an eye on twitter using the #realconsent  (hashtag) and we will post the live video feed.  (if those attending provide consent)

If you know of any Consent.Tech we would love to hear what it is, please respond and add to this list below.

List of Consent.Tech So Far:
User Submitted Terms
Consent Receipts
UMA (User Managed Access)