[od-discuss] Please review: DRAFT Terms of Use for the german federal data portal

Mike Linksvayer ml at gondwanaland.com
Thu Sep 20 18:23:46 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 2:08 AM, Daniel Dietrich
<daniel.dietrich at okfn.org> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> attached is the DRAFT German License that will be promoted as standard license for the documents and data in the upcoming German OGD portal.
>
> We have managed get a translation done by fried with native en/de but might not be perfect. I have pushed it into a google doc for your comments:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dk68bfuEp8eDsgIDBSZuQAr07_YWnbjvr8s5CEZ-q4o/edit
>
> As discussed in the last call I would ask for your help to review the DRATF and provide feedback on its compliance with the OD.

It looks like a summary of various categories licenses. Am I missing
something? As named:

Open*

0 no conditions
A attribution

Non-open

B attribution-noncommercial
C attribution only with payment
D attribution-noncommercial only with payment

The "further optional elements to be discussed" are obviously to be
avoided for open licenses.

*Probably, would need to see full license for category.