[od-discuss] Exploring licence compatibility

Mike Linksvayer ml at gondwanaland.com
Tue Aug 13 19:39:11 UTC 2013

http://clipol.org/

> >  - CC-BY -> ODC-BY, ODC-ODbL and OGL2: I have these as incompatible due to
> > CC-BY prohibiting TPMs. This is for CC-BY-3.0 though; CC-BY-4.0 won't have
> > this restriction and thus will be compatible.

Unfortunately I don't think latter is the case. It is improved
(especially, but orthogonally, in permitting circumvention when
possible), but if this is a compatibility barrier, it is still there.
Parallel distribution would've removed problem for ODbL, but so far
has again been not taken:

http://wiki.creativecommons.org/4.0/Technical_protection_measures
http://mirrors.creativecommons.org/drafts/by_4.0d3.html