[od-discuss] Please review: 'Datenlizenz Deutschland' for OD compliance.

Daniel Dietrich daniel.dietrich at okfn.org
Thu Feb 28 21:43:43 UTC 2013

Dear all,

I think we have not followed this up properly:

Can the Advisory council of the Open Definition please review the 2 licenses used for the German federal government data portal [1], which was launched last week.

The original license text is here:

"Datenlizenz Deutschland – Namensnennung – Version 1.0"
https://github.com/fraunhoferfokus/ogd-metadata/blob/master/lizenzen/BMI/Datenlizenz_Deutschland_Namensnennung_V1.md

essentially an attribution license and:

"Datenlizenz Deutschland – Namensnennung – nicht kommerziell – Version 1.0"
https://github.com/fraunhoferfokus/ogd-metadata/blob/master/lizenzen/BMI/Datenlizenz_Deutschland_Namensnennung_nichtkommerziell_V1.md

essentially an attribution non-commercial license.

The english translation is here for you to review and comment:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i9na_ZRmEC-EkQBcvUvwUvevOaMA7pgUUNdgiFxf5B0/edit#

It would be really great if we could evaluate them soon and inform the German Government about OD compliance. Looking fwd hearing your opinions.

Kind regards
Daniel

1. https://www.govdata.de/