[od-discuss] continued revision of the definition

Luis Villa luis at lu.is
Mon Oct 28 17:29:24 UTC 2013

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 12:09 AM, Mike Linksvayer <ml at gondwanaland.com>wrote:

> Should this be a minimal definition, which OD 1.1 is, or also help
> guide only licenses that are good for the ecosystem to approval and
> use?

I think we probably need to have some sort of category of "recommended"
that goes beyond merely "approved"; or alternately "approved but
disfavored".

Easy question: I'm not sure if that lives in this definition or elsewhere.

Hard question: I'm not sure what goes in there. For example, I'm strongly
inclined to put reusability as a requirement for approval, not merely a
requirement for avoiding disfavor.

Luis