[od-discuss] v2.0dev Review Requested

Mike Linksvayer ml at gondwanaland.com
Wed Jul 30 19:44:27 UTC 2014

I wasn't going to push for that change though it is theoretically correct,
as Aaron notes, due to the reasons Engel noted and lack of a real license
which allows open derivatives but not under the same license.

(The nearest I could think of was EFF OAL 2.0
http://web.archive.org/web/20040602195332/http://www.eff.org/IP/Open_licenses/eff_oal.html
which isn't a full license, but could have been such, and only allow
derivatives under CC-BY-SA-2.0 ... I imagine such a method being a way
other licenses might transition out of existence in the fullness of time.)

But as Herb points out licensor-specific/non-reusable licenses are real
licenses with a sort of implicit allowance for licensing derivatives under
other open licenses but not the same license, if the adapter isn't the
entity intended to use the license.

So I'm +1 on implementing my suggestion. :)

Mike