[od-discuss] v2.0dev Review Requested

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Thu Jul 31 06:37:10 UTC 2014

On 7/30/2014 11:36 AM, Herb Lainchbury wrote:
 > Take the UK-OGL for example.
 > If I download a dataset, modify it and re-distribute it, I don't think
 > I am free to use the UK-OGL for my derivative.  It's specifically for
 > public sector information providers.  I would need to choose another
 > license for my derivative.

You can use the UK-OGL for your derivative work. The OGL[1] definition of
"Information Provider" does not make any reference to public sector, and
the definition of "Licensor" includes any "Information Provider". You would
probably want to provide a specific attribution statement, rather than
relying on the general attribution statement.

[1]:
https://github.com/okfn/opendefinition/blob/master/licenses/conformant/OGL-UK-2.0.md