[od-discuss] German Data License 2.0 decision time

Andrew Stott andrew.stott at dirdigeng.com
Tue Sep 9 08:59:38 UTC 2014

I am +1 for both.

Thanks also to Daniel for following up with the lawyers.

Regards

Andrew

On 2 September 2014 21:49, Herb Lainchbury <herb at dynamic-solutions.com> wrote:

Thanks again for your help with this Daniel.

Since v2.0 of the definition has been officially approved we can now use it as the basis for assessing the conformance of licenses moving forward.

I believe all conformance related concerns about the two new German licenses have been addressed.

I now request that advisory council members indicate whether they agree that the licenses conform to section 2 of the open definition (v2.0) found here:

https://github.com/okfn/opendefinition/blob/master/source/open-definition-2.0/open-definition-2.0.en.markdown#2-open-licenses

Please use +1 for agree and -1 for disagree.

These are two separate licenses so please vote for each license individually by name, for example like this:

*1 for Data License Germany Zero 2.0

*1 for Data License Germany Attribution 2.0

where * is replaced with a + or a -

You can find the text for the licenses here:

Data License Germany Zero 2.0
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RqQqkCt7t9yO5YMrRsXEMnoS5cCDzUtbDf-tN0Upq1A/edit# <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RqQqkCt7t9yO5YMrRsXEMnoS5cCDzUtbDf-tN0Upq1A/edit>

Data License Germany Attribution 2.0
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z8aKuEoyPw_T_LZNBTH1O_ZSJCta9N1YgWSiX5zXzw4/edit# <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z8aKuEoyPw_T_LZNBTH1O_ZSJCta9N1YgWSiX5zXzw4/edit>

We will continue counting votes for two weeks from now or until consensus is reached, which ever is first.

Herb

Rufus Pollock

Founder and President | skype: rufuspollock |  <https://twitter.com/rufuspollock> @rufuspollock

 <http://okfn.org/> Open Knowledge - see how data can change the world

 <http://okfn.org/> http://okfn.org/ |  <http://twitter.com/OKFN> @okfn |  <https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork> Open Knowledge on Facebook |   <http://blog.okfn.org/> Blog

The Open Knowledge Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation.  It is incorporated in England & Wales as a company limited by guarantee, with company number 05133759.  VAT Registration № GB 984404989. Registered office address: Open Knowledge Foundation, St John’s Innovation Centre, Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WS, UK.

--

Herb Lainchbury, Dynamic Solutions

250.704.6154

http://www.dynamic-solutions.com