[ok-scotland] invitation to synergize2014

Stubbs, Debbie d.stubbs at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Aug 11 10:17:08 UTC 2014

Hi!
Thinking your members would be interested in this conference encouraging open innovation.
Best wishes
Debbie

Conference website<http://www.synergize2014.org/> | bookings<http://www.synergize2014.org/registration/>

[cid:image001.png at 01CFA1BD.E7551F00]

@Synergize2014<http://twitter.com/synergize2014>

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CFA1BD.E7551F00]<http://www.synergize2014.org/>

synergize2014 conference
making collaborative research happen

Lancaster University, UK

www.synergize2014.org<http://www.synergize2014.org>

Mon 22 & Tue 23
September 2014

Venue:

[cid:image003.png at 01CFA1BD.E7551F00]<http://www.synergize2014.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/lancasterUniversitySmall.png>
George Fox Building,
Lancaster University,
Lancaster
LA1 4YW, UK

Conference enquiries:

Debbie Stubbs,
Catalyst Project Manager,
tel: 01524 510351

>Book now<http://www.synergize2014.org/registration/>

Conference Invitation

We invite you to join us from 12noon on Mon 22 and Tue 23 Sep 2014 at Lancaster University UK, where as part of our 50th anniversary celebrations we host the multidisciplinary conference synergize2014<http://www.synergize2014.org/> making collaborative research happen.

We are pleased to announce some great speakers including:
Charles Leadbeater<http://www.synergize2014.org/speakers/> one of Britain's leading creative thinkers, authority on innovation and best-selling author<http://edgyproduct.org/pm/pmwiki.php?n=Main.Index>.
Chris Csíkszentmihályi<http://www.synergize2014.org/speakers/> artist, designer, technologist and cofounder of MIT Center for Future Civic Media<http://civic.mit.edu/>, USA.
Angie Hart<http://www.synergize2014.org/speakers/> academic director of CUPP (Brighton's community university partnership programme), practitioner and professor of Child, Family and Community Health in the School of Health Sciences.

synergize2014<http://www.synergize2014.org/> brings together innovators and activists to share and celebrate profile projects, introduces new technology prototypes, and demystifies practices of collaborative research. It is set to inspire those involved in different sectors including: creative industries, business and SME's, charitable and community organisations, social and medical care, higher education, and individuals with ambitions of creating new research partnerships.
Not to be missed if your interests cross computing, art and design, business management, social science, and innovation!

The conference costs £60, including lunches and conference dinner. A number of FREE bursary places are also available.

Please register today: http://www.synergize2014.org/registration/

We look forward to welcoming you to Lancaster, in the beautiful landscapes of the North West of England.

Kind regards,

Your conference organisers
[cid:image004.jpg at 01CFA1BD.E7551F00]
Debbie Stubbs
Conference Project Manager

Conference themes:

Co-design, research in the wild, citizen science, research partnerships, engagement and impact.

The conference will focus upon multidisciplinary work with keynote speakers, panel discussions, debates and interactive exhibitions featured within these five topic themes.

If you have a project or proposal to exhibit or share:
Please send brief info by 20 Aug 2014 to d.stubbs at lancaster.ac.uk<mailto:d.stubbs at lancaster.ac.uk>. We invite those involved in creative industries, commercial and community organisations, entrepreneurs, students, researchers, academics - all innovators! http://www.synergize2014.org/contribute/
Please note: Funding, conference fee, and travel bursary maybe available, please feel free to contact us for support.

Debbie Stubbs
Project Manager
Catalyst!

Catalyst! Citizens Transforming Society: Tools for Change!
Room C29
School of Computing and Communications
InfoLab21
South Drive