[ok-scotland] Greetings

David Stafford staffordd at stirling.gov.uk
Tue Jul 8 09:22:31 UTC 2014

Hello,

My name is Dave Stafford.

I am currently employed by Stirling Council as the Council's Data & Technical Standards Officer, I am in my seventh year working at Stirling.  My background is as a data analyst, for the past 15 years I've worked with enormous amounts of content, including but not limited to: finding creative ways to analyse, re-categorise, cross-categorise or re-package input data sets of any size or shape into outputs of any specification in any format.

I have worked hard to be instrumental in raising awareness of data issues at the Council - it takes time to embrace change, but, good things are beginning to happen.  Open Data will certainly be a part of that, and I look forward to working on various Open Data initiatives over the coming months / years.  I am hoping that we can have discussions here, that will lead to my further enlightenment regarding the mysteries of Open Data...

I'm happy to now be a part of OK Scotland, I am very interested in Open Data - I believe that Stirling is beginning to show a real interest in moving forward with some kind of pilot Open Data project - and I look forward to participating in the discourse here, as time permits, to support and shape the work here at the Council.

Meanwhile - it's nice to meet you.   Please say "hello" if you have a second.

Hello !

All the very best,

Dave Stafford
Data & Technical Standards Officer
Stirling Council

Alternate Reality:

Dave Stafford
Owner - pureambient records

davestafford.bandcamp.com
www.pureambient.com

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the individual or
organisation to which they are addressed and may be confidential and/or
legally privileged.  If you have received this email in error please
forward it to servicedesk at stirling.gsx.gov.uk and then delete it.
Please check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses
as Stirling Council accepts no liability for any harm caused to the
addressees' systems or data.  Stirling Council may monitor its email system.
Stirling Council accepts no liability for personal emails.