[ok-scotland] hello

Iain Elder iainelder at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Mar 19 17:07:48 UTC 2014

>  I've just joined the list so by way of introduction..... I'm Lisa Otty, I'm a lecturer in English literature at Edinburgh University. I work on the history of publishing and I have interests in digital research methods and data modelling. I'm just starting to learn about the OK movement, and I'm looking forward to hearing about events in Scotland and learning about what is happening in this area.

Hi Lisa!

I joined the list this week too.

My name is Iain
Elder and I'm a database professional interested in applying my skills to open
 up data for all. Currently I work at Skyscanner as a database developer
 and I'm studying part-time a Masters in Business Intelligence at Dundee
 University.

On Thursday there was a OKFN meetup at Napier University's Merchiston campus with a lot of interesting talks. The event inspired me to join the list.

There's a summary of the event here on meetup.com:
http://www.meetup.com/OpenKnowledgeFoundation/Edinburgh-GB/1095092/

I published my notes about the event on my blog:
http://elder.io/okfn-edinburgh-march-2013/

I think you can join the group on meetup.com to be alerted about the next event.

Cheers,
Iain