[ok-scotland] Scottish Government Open Data Strategy: Draft document open for comment

Angus Whyte a.whyte at ed.ac.uk
Wed Nov 19 10:14:13 UTC 2014

The implications for research data are interesting. Does the Working
Group have an expectation that more of it should be open than is already
required under FOI and compliance with HEFCE and Research Council
policies on open access and data sharing?

Regards
Angus Whyte

--
Dr Angus Whyte
Senior Institutional Support Officer

On 19/11/2014 09:57, Ewan Klein wrote:

> On 18 Nov 2014, at 22:12, Kate Byrne <k.byrne at ed.ac.uk
> <mailto:k.byrne at ed.ac.uk>> wrote:
>
>> 1. Who is covered by "all organisations", para 6? Is this the whole
>> of Scottish public sector, eg including universities, Health Boards,
>> museums and archives...?
>> "It is proposed that by the end of 2015 all organisations should have
>> completed and published an open data publication plan, setting out
>> their commitment to make data open and identifying what data they
>> will make open."
>
> Interesting question. I don't what the intention of the Working Group
> was, but it seems reasonable to suppose that their proposal should
> apply to all organisations that are subject to FOI in Scotland. These
> are listed in Schedule 1 of the act:
>
> http://www.legislation.gov.uk/asp/2002/13/schedule/1
>

> Regards,
>
> --Ewan

> Ewan Klein
> School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh
> Informatics Forum 2.11, 10 Crichton Street
> Edinburgh, EH8 9AB, UK
>
> Skype: ewan.h.klein | ewan at inf.ed.ac.uk <mailto:ewan at inf.ed.ac.uk> |
> @ewanhklein <https://twitter.com/ewanhklein>
> Tel: +44 131 650 2705
> Fax: +44 131 650 6899

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.