[OKCon-Programme] Late submissions, final evaluation.

Javier Ruiz javier at openrightsgroup.org
Tue Jun 14 13:27:38 BST 2011

HI

my quick assessment

- SALAMI seems straightforward technically. I would have huge questions
about its politics, i.e. linking specific university courses to
employability when humanities and anything other than business and
engineering are being massacred in funding terms. However, this should not
detract from them presenting the project in 15 minutes. UCAS university
course information is one of the most demanded datasets for opening, and I
would be interested to hear how they plan to solve this issue.

- GIvememydata could be integrated with other social networking discussions,
however I am not sure what is the current level of activity, and FB have now
provided a data migration tool. It may be better for the practical workshop,
but shorter than 2 days!

I do not feel qualified to look at the other paper on Open Linguistics, it
seems interesting though.