[OKCon-Programme] Speaker from Google?

Silke Helfrich Silke.Helfrich at gmx.de
Thu Mar 24 21:51:17 GMT 2011

Hello everybody,

as far as we are clear about the fact that google has nothing to do with commons, and contextualize the invitation diplomatically, why not invite them?
Google is simply business which provides open access (and therefore does better than others do), but it is a monopoly at the same time and there is no such thing as a monopoly-commons.

Nevertheless, it may be an interesting bridge builder towards the world we are struggling for, because once there is open access (a basic feature of the knowledge commons) you can hardly step backward. And that is an interesting point to discuss as many others.

Very best
Silke

-------- Original-Nachricht --------