[Okfn-dk] Open Knowledge's stifter taler i København

Niels Erik Kaaber Rasmussen niels at buhlrasmussen.eu
Tue Nov 15 10:35:43 UTC 2016

Kære alle

Open Knowledge's stifter Rufus Pollock kommer til Danmark. Vi har
stablet et arrangement på benene ONSDAG D. 23/11 KL. 17-19 i København.
Kom og hør Rufus fortælle om hvordan vi skaber en åben inkluderende og
innovativ digital tidsalder.

Facebook-event her: https://www.facebook.com/events/1761152010806729/
[1]

_ _

_ _

_Længere beskrivelse på engelsk:_

Open Knowledge founder Rufus Pollock is in Copenhagen and will give an
inspiring talk titled Open Information Age.
Open for all. No admission fee. The talk will be in English.
Place: DSSL (Digital Social Science Lab) at Det Samfundsvidenskabelige
Fakultetsbibliotek (Gothersgade 140).
Time and date: 23/11, 17-19.

AN OPEN INFORMATION AGE
How can we can build an open information age? And why should we do it?
Find out with Dr Rufus Pollock, a leading global expert on digital
policy, openness and innovation.

* FUTURE OF WORK: will robots take all the jobs - and should we care?
* FREEDOM: how to preserve freedom in a world of Googles and Facebooks
who have the power to shape how we think and act?
* INEQUALITY: concerned about growing inequality and the digital divide?
* INNOVATION: how can we harness the full power of digital tech for
innovation and creativity?
* Want to build an ECONOMY AND SOCIETY fit for the information age?

Open information is the biggest policy opportunity of the 21st century
with answers for all of these questions. Openness is central not only to
creating a more innovative and transparent society but to creating one
which is fair, free, healthy and wealthy

ABOUT DR RUFUS POLLOCK
Dr Rufus Pollock is an adviser on digital policy and openness to
governments and organizations around the world. He has worked
extensively as a researcher, entrepreneur and technologist on how we can
build the best possible digital age -- inclusive, innovative and open.

He is the President and Founder of Open Knowledge, an international
non-profit organization using advocacy and technology to empower people
with access to information and the capacity to use it. A pioneer in the
rapidly developing area of digital policy, he has made Open Knowledge
into one of the leading "think/do tanks" of the twenty-first century.

In addition to Open Knowledge, he has been involved in many other
organizations such as Creative Commons, FFII and the Open Rights Group.
He was previously the Mead Fellow in Economics at the University of
Cambridge, where he remains an Associate of the Centre for Information
and Intellectual Property Law. In 2010 he was appointed to a $1m
three-year Shuttleworth Foundation Fellowship, and in 2012 he was
elected an Ashoka Fellow.

Mvh, Niels Erik

--
Tweet @nilleren