[okfn-help] couldn't start new forum topic =(

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Jul 6 12:13:01 UTC 2011

On 5 July 2011 21:22, elf Pavlik <perpetual-tripper at wwelves.org> wrote:
> Hi Rufus,
>
> Excerpts from Rufus Pollock's message of Tue Jul 05 21:41:50 +0200 2011:
>> Hi elf, not sure we've enabled forums on the site at the moment. Do
>> you think we should do this? If so we can do this and you can create
>> the first forum :-)
>
> Yes please, I find forums very useful!

OK, I've looked and forums are activated. However it seems that to
have forums work in buddypress nowadays you need bbpress installed.
(Do you know if this is right?). If it is we can go ahead and install
buddypress if we think they would be useful.

> I will also keep an eye on this project: https://andrewsinlondon.wordpress.com/ which looks like integrating mailman and buddypress so forums work as hybrid and people can use them either from web interface or email.

Sounds great.

> BTW this: http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/okfn-help/
> I find quite not friendly to use =(

I hear you. We'll get the forums working.

> I will keep in touch on OKFN online community platform discussing other handy features and topics, many related to 'Federated Social Web'...

Look forward to it.

Rufus