[okfn-help] website help

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Feb 2 14:15:09 UTC 2012

On 2 February 2012 00:15, Adam Green <adam.green at okfn.org> wrote:
> Thanks Daniel, that's got me going on learning the relevant php, and i
> am pretty sure i should have it now, but my php I input is not showing
> up at all when i enter it into the post html.

You can't add php direct to wordpress posts without a special plugin
(since it creates major security risks ...).

> I thought that php could be used within html. could it be that our
> server is not set up for this? might we have to change something in
> the set up?
>
> this forum post here seems to imply it is a possibility:
> http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum88/8199.htm
>
> i am really starting to get out of my depth here,, so any help is much
> appreciated!!!

My immediate suggestion is to hand-code this but obviously we need
something more automated going forward. We'll need to look into the
template a bit here or ...

General suggestion re more detailed sysadmin help: drop in to sysadmin
evening on Tuesdays if you can ...

Rufus

Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation