[okfn-help] Wordpress internal links

Naomi Lillie naomi.lillie at okfn.org
Mon May 7 09:57:05 UTC 2012

If anyone can shed light on this I'd appreciate the explanation too - I
managed to get 'Data Visualization Developer' to work before, but it now
has the same problem that Laura has explained below!

On 4 May 2012 15:09, Sam Smith <sam.smith at okfn.org> wrote:

> Sorry, I was looking at the outputted HTML, I'm looking in WordPress now
> and can see that it's written with Markdown, so you wouldn't have seen the
> HTML I described. What you have written all looks ok to me.. but I am no
> Markdown expert. I still think the HTML outputted HTML looks wrong, not
> sure if this is Markdown or Wordpress causing the problem.
>
> I have copied in "help", maybe someone else will have come across this?
>
> Sam
>
> On 4 May 2012 13:14, Laura Newman <laura.newman at okfn.org> wrote:
>
>> eh? I can't see that line... guess I must be looking in the wrong
>> place....?
>>

>> On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Sam Smith <sam.smith at okfn.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm guessing this is partially generated by WordPress.. not sure which
>>> bits.. but looking at the HTML, it seems to me the problem is that the
>>> ..a class="toc-anchor" name="data-wrangler".. bit that appears above
>>> the link shouldn't be there. That is what the link looks for, at the moment
>>> it appears twice so the link is going to the first one on the page. This is
>>> the same for all the links, so not sure why some are working and others
>>> not. Try removing that line if you can, see if that fixes it.

>>> --
>>> Sam Smith
>>> Designer
>>>

>> --
>> Laura Newman
>> Community Coordinator
>> Open Knowledge Foundation
>> http://okfn.org/
>> Skype: lauranewmanonskype
>> Twitter: @Newmanlk
>>

> --
> Sam Smith
> Designer

Naomi Lillie
Foundation Administrator and Community Coordinator (Open Bibliography)
Open Knowledge Foundation
http://okfn.org/
Skype: n.lillie