[okfn-help] wordpress upgrade

Nils Toedtmann nils.toedtmann at okfn.org
Thu May 10 11:19:16 UTC 2012

Hi Adam,

it looks like it was the dropbox plugin which killed Mysql and
Wordpress, so we keep that disabled :-)

On a general note, we now disabled plugin and them installation/upgrade
through wordpress' admin web interface to prevent this from happening
again. We left a note at

  http://trac.okfn.org/wiki/WordpressService

Wrt WP backup: the blog farm is running on a managed server. Our hoster
Fry dumps the mysql DB is dumped nightly, and the dump together with the
wordpress installation itself (including plugins/themes/uploads) gets
backed up to remote locations.

If you want your personal backup of your blog site only, you can use
Wordpress' export feature (Tools ==> Export). There are command line
scripts to fetch the export for automation, e.g.

  https://raw.github.com/andrewharvey/shellmisc/master/wordpress_export.sh

I hope this helps,

/nils.

--