[okfn-help] Solutions for Book Translations

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Thu May 24 12:16:33 UTC 2012

Hi All,

We are currently looking into tools for translating the Data
Journalism Handbook. I understand that Transifex was used for the Open
Data Handbook, but was wondering how that worked as a workflow? Did
someone have to go through and break up each paragraph into sentences
before inputting it.

I believe DDJBook is around 60,000 words and we need a tool that will
ideally allow people to edit collaboratively and remotely (and
preferably preserve the formatting!) - does anyone have any
suggestions?

Lucy

--
Lucy Chambers