[okfn-za] Fwd: [Sabinet Sabinews] Promotion of Access to Information Workshop - Pretoria - 29 Aug 2014

Adi Eyal adi at code4sa.org
Fri Jul 25 07:05:22 UTC 2014

Just received this in my inbox in case anyone wants a crash course in
freedom of information requests in South Africa. Of course, I'm pretty
cynical about PAIA - there's a current research study underway that is
showing that only 10% of PAIA requests are being replied to at all.
Rejection letters are always a good laugh though.

Adi

PROMOTION OF ACCESS TO INFORMATION ACT (PAIA) WORKSHOP

Not only the Why, but also the What and How!

Kosmos Guest House, UNISA Sunnyside Campus – Pretoria – 29 Aug 2014

WHO SHOULD ATTEND?

General managers, archivists, record managers, knowledge managers,
information managers,

librarians, post and registry staff; educators, students and workers
in the field of information,

libraries, archives, knowledge, records, post & registry management
and all those who need

an understanding of PAIA.

ENQUIRIES

Should you have any queries or require us to email or fax you the
workshop outline or a registration form, please contact:

Esther:  E-mail: esther at pdesa.co.za  Cell: 076 508 9526  Fax: 086 617 2017

Tues – Fri: 09h30-14h00

Mon, Sat, Sun, Last Fri of the month, Public Holidays and during events: Closed

Adi Eyal
Director
Code for South Africa
Promoting informed decision-making

phone: +27 78 014 2469
skype: adieyalcas
linkedin: http://za.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Adi/Eyal
web: http://www.code4sa.org
twitter: @soapsudtycoon

For more information on how to participate in the open data community
in South Africa, go to: http://www.code4sa.org/#community