[okfn-za] OpenAfrica contacts database - open science and open data focus

Michelle Willmers michelle.willmers at uct.ac.za
Wed Jul 30 10:31:02 UTC 2014

Hello everyone

I am part of a small network that is working to try and consolidate the
open conversation in Africa and surface contacts for forthcoming proposal
calls around open science and open data initiatives.

I have written a short blog post about this:
http://openuct.uct.ac.za/blog/openafrica-call-consolidate-african-open-netw
ork

I have also shared a contacts database that we are hoping will be used by
various funding partners in future calls:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kUOgACQk7UYaW2rLQ4DzIQ3-I77sTW1mD-p
_0ylZpk0/edit#gid=0

It would be great to keep growing this list as a reflective snapshot of
the emerging network in Africa. Please add your details if you would like
to be included here and encourage any colleagues who might be interested
to do the same.

Note that there is no commitment entailed and you do not need to be
associated with any particular organisation or formal entity to join the
list. We are really just trying to get a sense of where the pockets of
activity are currently located and prevent the current conversation from
becoming insular amongst known entities.

Thanks and best wishes.
Michelle

----
Michelle Willmers
Project Manager
OpenUCT Initiative
University of Cape Town
South Africa
+27 (21) 650 5061
http://openuct.uct.ac.za/
@SCAprogamme

 UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity.