[open-data-day] Fwd: quick introduction and question: wiki is down?

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Feb 4 14:44:54 GMT 2013

Hi folks,

Just wanted to jump in and say that we (the Open Knowledge Foundation)
who are hosting the wiki are aware of the issues (which have occurred
intermittently over the last couple of months).

We've done several rounds of changes to improve and at least according
to our monitoring it is improving though I'm sorry to see there was an
issue this morning.

We believe the issue occurs when we get bursts of bot traffic to the
site. Over time we've tried to reduce or eliminate these bursts
(without excluding bots entirely). If you do encounter an issue please
do mail the list of email sysadmin at okfn.org.

Rufus