[open-data-day] quick note re. Italian translation of http://opendataday.org/index_it.html (re. "Statisti")

andrea giacomelli pibinko at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 14:04:34 GMT 2013

Dear Open Data Day "MCs",

...Reviewing the main presentations, I noted a curious typo in the Italian
page: it's saying that, among other stakeholders, "Statisti" are invited
to participate.

"statista" in Italian is "statesman", and generally a very high-profile
statesman (e.g. Winston Churchill is a past "statista"). Having statesmen
at the ODD which would not be a bad idea, however sounded strange to me in
that specific point of the web page.

I then noted that the English version refers to "statisticians", so you
might consider correcting the Italian version to "statistici" or "esperti
di statistica"

Hope this helps, and regards from Italy.

--
Andrea Giacomelli
http://www.pibinko.org
info at pibinko.org