[open-data-day] Data Expeditions Experiment on Open Data Day

Mary Beth Baker maribethbaker at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 17:39:15 GMT 2013

Thanks Lucy! This is amazing work and an excellent approach for diversifying and building a community beyond developers, data experts and designers. We ran an event last December in Ottawa and with a similar target audience of keen, but non-technical users. It was called #learnhackyow. It went pretty well - the feedback was really positive, but we didn't document the sessions too well. Sounds like we could re-use your expeditions next time.

Were you able to get feedback or send out a survey to participants of your event/expeditions? I would be keen to find out how this target audience felt the event went.

Mary Beth Baker
@bethmaru
Open Data Ottawa