[open-heritage] Europeana factsheet on Open Linked Data

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Thu Nov 25 13:05:59 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 11:53 AM, ianibbo at gmail.com <ianibbo at gmail.com> wrote:
> but outsude "What extra do I get by adding a license property and
> setting it to an open license" is a question I don't feel I've
> answered really well for myself yet (In this domain).

The value of an open license is that it give people a green light for
doing things. Without it you are much less likely to get external
innovation happening around your stuff (whether this is new mobile/web
services, or value/exposure from projects like Wikipedia, Flickr, Open
Street Map, ...). Also if there is interest in getting input from
developer communities, etc, then I would say that using an open
license is a very important first step.

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator