[OpenGLAM] The Public Domain Review's Fundraising Drive!

Adam Green adam.green at okfn.org
Mon Mar 11 13:40:59 UTC 2013

Hello all,

The Open Knowledge Foundation's project "The Public Domain Review" has
launched it's major fundraising drive!

http://publicdomainreview.org/support/

For those not familiar with the project, it is an online journal started in
2011 dedicated to promoting all that is wonderful about the public
domain. Through curated collections and articles by leading scholars,
writers, and archivists it aims to celebrate and increase awareness about
the richness and value of our shared digital commons.

With our initial funding from the Shuttleworth Foundation now come to an
end, we are turning for support to our readers and the wider community that
care about protecting the public domain. With your help we'll be able to
continue our mission – to promote the public domain as an indispensable
public good and to curate and showcase the most interesting
out-of-copyright works available on the web.

We've got lots of exciting things planned for the future including a new
section that will more actively celebrate and promote those cultural
institutions that have decided to make available their content in an open
and unrestrictive way (with British Library and Rijksmuseum already on
board!).

We need to reach a target of $20,000 (ca. £13,000) to keep the project
alive into 2014.

We've so far raised over a third of this but there's still a long way to go!

If you'd like to see the project continue then please give what you can to
help keep us going! Any donations big or small would be amazing. And please
spread the word as much as possible to your friends, family and colleagues
- we need all the publicity we can get to make this a success.

To learn more about The Public Domain Review and the fundraising campaign
(including the rather special short film we made!) please visit:

http://publicdomainreview.org/support/

Many thanks,

Adam.

--