[OpenGLAM] Fwd: Smithsonian data available for National Day of Civic Hacking!

Estermann Beat beat.estermann at bfh.ch
Tue Jun 3 07:15:10 UTC 2014

Hi, Joris.

You are absolutely right, there have been many announcements about newly opened collections over the past months.

I like the idea of having a hub where all the Open Collections are listed. However, I think, it would be good to have an editable list (maybe on a wiki, based on a template, in order for it to be machine-readable).

Maybe in cooperation with the Wikimedia Commons community? – The following pages could be starting points for this, although I guess we should give it some extra thought how best to present the open collections:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Free_media_resources
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Batch_uploading

Cheers,
Beat