[OpenGLAM] Fwd: Smithsonian data available for National Day of Civic Hacking!

Mia lists at miaridge.com
Thu Jun 5 10:23:57 UTC 2014

If you can bear to use a wiki, then
http://museum-api.pbworks.com/w/page/21933412/Cool%20stuff%20made%20with%20cultural%20heritage%20APIs
has a list of 'Cool stuff made with cultural heritage APIs'  and the
snappily titled 'collection of museum, gallery, library, archive,
archaeology and cultural heritage APIs, machine-readable, linked and
open data services for open cultural
data'**http://museum-api.pbworks.com/w/page/21933420/Museum%C2%A0APIs is
widely used in the cultural sector.

The site very much reflects its comparatively long history (it began in
2008 when APIs seemed like the most realistic way of getting open
cultural data out there) and the API/data page needs some tidying up to
reflect all the wonderful non-programmatic forms of access to open
cultural data but it has the advantage of being easy for anyone to edit.

Cheers, Mia