[OpenGLAM] Sharing is Caring: Right to Remix? - conference 2 Oct in Copenhagen

Merete Sanderhoff Merete.Sanderhoff at smk.dk
Mon Aug 31 08:52:19 UTC 2015

Dear all,

As some of you know, I help organise the annual conference Sharing is Caring<http://sharecare.nu/> to be held Friday 2nd October in Copenhagen.

This year's theme is remix culture and rights issues:
"Remix Culture is growing and thriving on the internet and via social media, in innovation and business development, and in schools as well as informal learning environments.
Museums, archives, and libraries have important raw materials to offer for this creative, active learning culture. We have digitised collections of high quality, built on years of accumulated expertise and trustworthy resources. If we are able to release them for free re-use, it's a unique opportunity for our collections to be present and useful on an entirely new scale, in the hands of citizens all over the world. How can the cultural heritage sector support and benefit from the growing remix culture, while at the same time balancing copyright and intellectual property issues?"

Please share widely in your networks and encourage everyone to come.
http://sharecare.nu/

Hope to see some of you there.

Thanks and all the best,
Merete

Med venlig hilsen

Merete Sanderhoff
Museumsinspektør

T +45 2552 7226 / +45 5074 3974

Statens Museum for Kunst
Sølvgade 48-50
DK-1307 København K

T +45 3374 8494
F +45 3374 8404
smk.dk<http://www.smk.dk/>

[cid:image001.gif at 01D0E3DB.1B9C1060]<www.smk.dk>

Få nyheder om kunstoplevelser på SMK
- tilmeld dig museets nyhedsbrev<http://www.smk.dk/besoeg-museet/nyheder/tilmeld-og-afmeld-nyheder/>

Følg os på:
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/smk?fref=ts>     Twitter<https://twitter.com/smkmuseum>     Pinterest<http://pinterest.com/smkmuseum/>     Youtube<http://www.youtube.com/user/StatensMuseumfKunst>   Instagram<http://instagram.com/smkmuseum>