[OpenGLAM] Michael Edson to be asst. director of UN Live Museum

Liam Wyatt liamwyatt at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 16:03:44 UTC 2015

I wouldn't normally share someone else's job announcement on this
list, but this looks so cool that I just had to!

Longtime friend of GLAM-Wiki, advisory board member of OpenGLAM,
currently head of digital-cool-things at the Smithsonian Institution,
is going to become: "Associate Director/Head of Digital at the newly
forming UN Live Museum"

It is "..currently being envisioned for Copenhagen, Denmark. In
addition to a physical building in Copenhagen, UN Live will include a
global network of peer institutions, small and large scale programs,
and, of course, a robust global digital presence."

The announcement is here:
http://usingdata.tumblr.com/post/135442309683/joining-the-un-live-museum-for-humanity

And the website for the museum itself is here:
http://www.unlivemuseum.org/

Obviously there is a direct connection to UNESCO, and to Danish
affiliates, but the museum itself will include LOTs of digital and
distributed local presence - according to their own description:
http://www.unlivemuseum.org/#three

So... congratulations Michael! I for one am really looking forward to
seeing what comes of this fascinating concept!

-Liam

wittylama.com
Peace, love & metadata