[OpenGLAM] OpenGLAM events and blog highlights

Lieke Ploeger lieke.ploeger at okfn.org
Fri Mar 6 12:33:24 UTC 2015

Dear all,

In this email I send you some highlights of the OpenGLAM blog: lots of
exciting events happening around our network over the next months!

   - The Rijksmuseum is organising the second round of the *Rijksstudio
   Awards*, inviting everyone to get creative with the digital artworks
   they are providing online (deadline 15 March):
   http://openglam.org/2015/02/25/rijksstudio-award-2015/
   - The Swiss OpenGLAM group held a successful *Swiss Open Cultural Data
   Hackathon* last week, where software developers, artists, designers,
   researchers, Wikipedians and members of the heritage sector gathered to
   re-use more than 30 open data sets in a wide range of fields:
   http://openglam.org/2015/03/04/first-swiss-open-cultural-data-hackathon/
   - Yesterday, a webinar on *Open Licensing for GLAMs* took place, an
   initiative of AAM’s Media & Technology Professional Network and the New
   Media Consortium. For those who missed it, you can find more information
   and a full recording here:
   http://openglam.org/2015/03/06/open-licensing-what-is-it-why-do-it/
   - Finally, more upcoming *OpenGLAM events in March and April *are
   highlighted in this overview:
   http://openglam.org/2015/03/02/openglam-related-events-marchapril-highlights/

Best regards, Lieke Ploeger
--