[OpenGLAM] Bootstrap a combined OpenGLAM network - revitalise this mailing list

Soenke Zehle soenke at kein.org
Thu Apr 19 12:13:37 UTC 2018

Hi all,

as OpenGLAM newbie I also welcome this initiative, especially because we
are about to engage in a major cultural heritage research and exhibition
project (www.resonanzen.eu) and would like to to design the project archive
around openglam-ideas / principles from the very beginning. For starters,
suggestions related to data models etc (also off-list) more than welcome.

best,

Soenke Zehle

scann <scannopolis at gmail.com> schrieb am Do., 19. Apr. 2018 um 13:57 Uhr:

> [...]
> https://certificates.creativecommons.org/) for the GLAM community. I know
> that many of you have made efforts in the past or are currently making
> efforts to teach about the licenses and other licensing tools (i.e. Rights
> Statements) for GLAM institutions, and that many of you have developed
> tools such as handbooks and manuals for doing that. If you want to share
> those materiales or your experience, I'm going to be in charge of
> developing the adaptation for the GLAM certificate, and I'd love to receive
> an email from you about your experience and properly acknowledge it in the
> course. We are just starting with this project so there's a lot of room to
> receive input at this stage.
>
> Last but not least, another point that I guess is important for the ones
> that were present at the Summit discussing about all this is not only
> sharing experiences and be able to enhance communities that are just
> starting on this, but we have a big question about "how can this platform
> help involve GLAM in policy discussions". For a long time, IFLA has been
> advocating for openess in libraries, involving its network of librarians
> from around the world in OA, OER, copyright reform discussions, among other
> activities, but for GLAM institutions this has seem to be more complicated
> and maybe we could help with that. As Sander said, this is just a starting
> point but these are some of the ideas that we have been discussing.
>
> Best,
> Scann

>> Dear all,
>>
>> I agree, sounds like a good initiative, and it is very much alingned with
>> the practical work we as a community already do in local and international
>> level.
>>
>> I also took part of some these discussions at CCsummit, and it was great
>> to see how the CC community has shifted focus from licenses and
>> legal/technical infrastructures to wider perspectives of openness,
>> inclusion and collaboration.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Sanna

>> Open Knowledge Finland
>> AvoinGLAM
>>

>> to 19.4.2018 klo 14.13 Maarten Brinkerink <mbrinkerink at beeldengeluid.nl>
>> kirjoitti:
>>
>>> Sound sensible, among other things because I expect a lot of people
>>> already to be engaged with these three communities at the moment.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> Maarten
>>>

>>> Op 19 apr. 2018, om 13:10 heeft Sander van der Waal <
>>> sander.vanderwaal at okfn.org> het volgende geschreven:
>>>
>>> Hi OpenGLAMmers!
>>>
>>> Last week the Creative Commons Summit took place in Toronto, and
>>> OpenGLAM was discussed in multiple sessions.
>>>
>>> We had a few conversations around how we can create more involved
>>> community around OpenGLAM, and specifically converge the main three
>>> international initiatives:
>>> 1. The OpenGLAM.org initiative that is part of the Open Knowledge
>>> network (that this mailing list is part of)