[open-literature] [open-heritage] Fwd: "Inventare il Futuro" Contest

Primavera De Filippi primavera.defilippi at okfn.org
Wed Jul 13 12:38:12 UTC 2011

Hi James !

I write to you on the behalf of the Public Domain Working Group. As you
might already know, we are working on the development of
http://publicdomainworks.net - a website intended to make it easier for
people to find works in the public domain. The website works currently
integrates with the bibliographica database - http://bibliographica.org -
together with the public domain calculators -
http://publicdomain.okfn.org/calculators in order to determine the legal
status of works. Eventually, we would like to provide links to public domain
copies of these works, to ensure that people can have access to digital
copies which are not restricted by any legal or contractual means.

We think that it would be great to work together on this and submit an
interesting proposal to that contest.
OpenShakerspeare could be used as a specific example based on literature,
which could later be expanded in the fields of art, music, etc.

I fullfill the requirement of being less than 30 years old and graduated
from an European university, and i'd be happy to work together with you on
drafting the 'innovative aspect' section ;)
Let me know what you think about it !