[open-literature] Open Literature Bulletin

James Harriman-Smith open-shakespeare at okfn.org
Fri Jul 22 18:58:32 UTC 2011

Good evening everyone,

First of all, a special announcement about an event that I guarantee will be
of interest to everyone on this list:
***OKF Text Camp*** - 13th August 2011, 10am-6pm, London: Tickets (free) on:
http://textcamp2011.eventbrite.com  Details on:
http://wiki.openliterature.net/Text_Camp_2011

And now for the other items:
- http://openliterature.net now carries minutes of meetings, and copies of
these mails under http://openliterature.net/category/minutes
- http://wiki.openliterature.net now includes an archive of promotional
material, and all the previous contents of the Open Shakespeare wiki
- H G Wells society sent us an email on Monday saying that they are very
interested by http://annotateit.org and that they will discuss using the
anotator on their online editions of his works.
- Open Shakespeare's new words of the day this week: Vizard, Xantippe, Yoke,
and Zany: all on http://openshakespeare.org/word - which now has one entry
for every letter of the alphabet
- In September, Open Shakespeare will carry a series of guest blog posts on
the topic 'Shakespeare and the Internet': I have seven confirmed
contributors from many different walks of life (actors, academics, bloggers)
and look forward to organising others, especially those with a computer
science background (if that's you, let me know).

To finish, as ever, here are a few ideas on how to get involved:
- Contribute a blog post on 'Shakespeare and the Internet': anything of
between 500 and 1000 words in length that fits into this category will be
very welcome. Just drop me a mail with any questions.
- Book a place at Text Camp 2011, or suggest an activity
- Write a WOTD article (some ideas: elephant, quail, garter)
- Annotate a Shakespeare play: we're getting near 700 individual comments
now!

Have a good weekend everyone,

James