[open-science] Hello

Hassan Mamdani hassantmcambs at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 15:00:48 UTC 2012

Hi All

Sorry for pinging multiple lists, but I'm just saying hello and introducing myself, so it seemed better than repeating the same info in different place.

I'm an organic chemist/biochemist by training and have worked in computational chemistry and drug design for the past 8 years.  I'm finishing my EngD applying drug design concepts to the development of materials for protein separation, so I have experience of QSAR methods, structure and ligand based drug design, machine learning, and data visualisation using R, Python and Pipeline Pilot.  I also have a smattering of SQL - MySQL, Oracle, sqlite, Sphynx - and I write LaTeX, Sweave, R Markdown/KintR.

I'm interested in expanding my skills in data analysis and coding in R and Python and I'm looking for an excuse to make myself get to grips with Javascript and interactive data visualization.  I'm also interested in exploring text mining and big data techniques.

I'd be interested in getting involved in some of the OKFN projects, if my skills are applicable.

Feel free to point me in the right direction or get in touch if you think I might be able to contribute to your work.

Thanks
Hassan