[open-science] looking for high-impact success stories of open science

david osimo david.osimo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 16:40:44 UTC 2013

Dear all, thanks again for all your input last year. As you might remember we've finalized a study on Open Science for the European Commission.
It turned out to have quite an impact and we're supposed to give a high-profile presentation in 2 weeks with top decision makers in EU.
Because of this policy impact, I could not yet share the results with you. Hope to do it soon.

Anyway, for this next presentation, I'm compiling a list of success stories of science 2.0. We look for inspiring scientific advances enabled by:
- open access
- open data
- open code / reproducible science
- other collaboration tools such as wiki, blogs, etc

It would be great if you could help finalizing this compilation. we could really make a small difference in EU policies on this topic.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq7ILf5BATiJdHBzZ3JDdjRaTGtmQUE0M3gtSHVfZ1E

By the way: why don't we build opensciencestories.org?

Best
david

david.osimo at gmail.com
skype, twitter: osimod