[open-science] JISC research data/ HoL on Open Access

Paola Di Maio paola.dimaio at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 18:24:47 UTC 2013

(Peter, thanks for the last note- the discussion about the 'open
access martyrs' and the hypocrisy of our system, is not intended to be
directly related to the HoL, its another discussio altogether, but
below a more pertinent post  )

OK, here's something I think needs to be brought to the attention of the HoLs
since I am not sure these people are informed about the facts (which I
ll do my best to address)

I am curious to understand more about the JISC policy on reusing research data

How much public money has gone into funding JISC research so far?
(anyone has a figure?)

Where are the datasets?

When I  tried to access and reuse JISC data as part of my research
reference in a previous post,
I was told that I could not because it was destroyed. (see copy of
email exchange with Alma Swan,20011)
Subsequent exchanges with JISC director and other staff were
inconclusive (ie, their scant but polite answers evaded the questions
such as 'how come does  JISC not have a open data policy').

thoughts? comments? is this  useful evidence in relation to the consulation

cheers

PDM