[open-science] [okfn-discuss] Help make a comparison of open access journals on Wikipedia

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at cantab.net
Mon Jan 28 15:34:26 UTC 2013

Hi Kyra

For cross referencing or adding to to the Wikipedia list, you might find
this spreadsheet of publishers useful (by Ross Mounce and the OKFN open
science working group):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtbO6mZEvieCdDFzdkVNQld6Mnc5NEpGWVlRUVhvM3c#gid=0

Ross also has another document set up for Jevin's list of gold OA journals (
http://www.eigenfactor.org/openaccess/index.php)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtbO6mZEvieCdExBQm9UclBSaWxlMWVNelVDMHFnSkE#gid=0

This is the latest list of embargo periods from SHERPA RoMEO
http://www.sherpa.ac.uk/romeo/PDFandIR.html

Directory of Open Access Journals lists if a journal charges a fee but not
how much. It is available as a csv http://www.doaj.org/doaj?func=csv

I have copied in the open-science and open-access lists where several
people are active in logging this kind of information and may have ideas on
the most efficient way to get it into Wikipedia!

Jenny