[open-science] House of Lords (UK) Open Access - submissions invited

Paola Di Maio paola.dimaio at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 13:23:04 UTC 2013

Thank you for the heads up Peter and all-

As some of you may know, I have carried out extensive research
The first 'systematic enquiry' of its kind in this research field

showing that the UK is not always as cool as its propagandists like to
portray it :-)
in fact right the opposite, conservative, reactionary publishing
policies can hide behind
a false facade of openness

Disclaimer: I am an independent researcher and do not benefit
financially nor politically from the support of any organisation
including the OKFn :-)

Here some links I ll submit as evidence, FYI

Let me know if you have any questions

cheers

PDM

2012- Open Access UK: Challenges, Reality Check and Recommendations
Paola Di Maio
  DR2012-49.pdf — PDF document, 168 kB (172332 bytes)
http://digital-research.oerc.ox.ac.uk/papers/open-access-uk-challenges-reality-check-and-recommendations/view

2012 - Automating Online Auditing of Open Access Resources With a Web Service
Paola Di Maio DR2012-48.pdf — PDF document, 218 kB (223699 bytes)
http://digital-research.oerc.ox.ac.uk/papers/automating-online-auditing-of-open-access-resources-with-a-web-service/view

2010 - Open Access Policies From Chaos to Functional Regulatory
Interventions (working document)
http://www.academia.edu/786683/Open_Access_Policies_From_Chaos_to_Functional_Regulatory_Interventions

2011 - A Systemic Review of Open Access in Systems Engineering Research
http://journals.isss.org/index.php/proceedings55th/article/view/1726

2012- Open Science in 90 seconds   Paola Di Maio· (video for OpenAire)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCRTKvTrI1Y