[open-science] open access perils? (#RIP @aaronscwarz)

Paola Di Maio paola.dimaio at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 15:25:33 UTC 2013

Thomas

uh?

I agree that the ones I mentioned are different cases, possibly in a
very broad spectrum of open access to information issues  and each of
them would need to be qualified accordingly, with corresponding facts

However each of these cases has a common character imho: the system of
corruption wants to show
people a lesson, make those who dare challenge the system  'examples'
of what happens when you blow the whistle or dare cross the linek  to
scare other people off from telling the truth

i'd say if we do not keep count of how many people are marginalised
for doing REAL work in the front line
we are definitely not being scientific nor seeking truth about what is
happening in reality in relation to OA....

cheers

PDM

SIDENOTE I do not want to go into specifics here
however please note that there was no rape charge raised in the case
of Assange before the wikileaks case was made against him. this could
possibly mean that the entire international legal system can be
manipulated including friends family and former relations (including
people one may have slept with) turned against any person who becomes
unconfortable and an embarrassment to the sytem. Note that myself
would have a much more relaxed and comfy  lifestyle would I pay lip
service to the lobbies...