[open-science] open access perils? (#RIP @aaronscwarz)

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 20:05:54 UTC 2013

On Jan 12, 2013, at 11:47 AM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl at gmail.com> wrote:

> I maintain that openness in scientific research and in political/military
> matters are distinct issues, and it is your 'lens' that conflates them.

Well said.

I believe, assertions are politics; assertions backed with evidence are science. The problem with politics is that folks have different views and no one wants to go home agreeing with the other side. Science, on the other hand, we all can agree upon until shown otherwise. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Everyone is welcome to their views, but it would probably be more productive if, on this list, we concentrate collectively on matters of open *science* as it is much easier to parse out than other matters.

--
Puneet Kishor