[open-science] open access perils? (#RIP @aaronscwarz)

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Mon Jan 14 19:08:34 UTC 2013

Hi All

Thanks for this discussion, great to see some strong debate! There are
definitely points that we won't resolve or agree on here and I think the
discussion about Aaron Swartz is of wider open knowledge interest, so it
may be of benefit to move the discussion to a more general forum than the
open science list.

Jonathan Gray has published a post about Aaron Swartz on the main OKFN blog
and I'm sure any comments you wish to leave there would be welcomed
http://blog.okfn.org/2013/01/14/goodbye-aaron-swartz-and-long-live-your-legacy/
.

Also, Khadija Britton, an organiser of the Open Science Summit, is
preparing a blog post on Aaron Swartz and open access/science which you may
wish to contact her about with your comments
https://twitter.com/KMBTweets/status/290855030993608704, I'll post the link
to this when published for anyone who wants to engage with others thinking
about the same topic.

Jenny