[open-science] A Public List of Notable, Senior Open Scientists

Everton Zanella Alvarenga everton.alvarenga at okfn.org
Wed May 8 00:15:16 UTC 2013

Glad to see this thread. I always wondered where are top scientists to
voice in favor of open science. Or open knowledge in general!

Last year, whilst working at the Wikipedia Education Program, someone has
shown a video of scientists awarded with the Nobel prize supporting
Wikipedia, when I invited professors to make a video doing so. [1]

I tried to persuade people to make videos of prominent professors
supporting the idea of editing Wikipedia [2], but so far that didn't happen.

Congrats for the list made here! I hope it will help more scientist to
understand their responsibility.

Tom

[1] http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Nobel-interviews_2011.ogv
[2] http://www.mail-archive.com/education@lists.wikimedia.org/msg00279.html

--
Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
OKFN Brasil - Rede pelo Conhecimento Livre