[open-science] [Open-access] crowdsourcing platform for academic journals

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Mon May 20 11:16:06 UTC 2013

We have done this for crystallographic papers (
http://wwmm.ch.cam.ac.uk/crystaleye/summary/index.html ) where we have
trawled the exposed metadata (PubCrawler, NickDay/SamAdams, open source)
for publisher/journal/issue/article hierarchy using the publisher ToCs.
This couldn't be definitive (i.e. in a court) but it's good enough for most
people. As long as publishers provide  online ToCs then we can do this
fairly easily technically.