[open-science] Invite to Public Lab 2013 Barnraising October 4-6

Liz Barry liz at publiclab.org
Thu Sep 5 15:13:38 UTC 2013

Hello OKFN Open Science folks -- some of you may be interested in the third
annual Public Lab conference in Louisiana -- community environmental tech
development, prototyping, fieldwork, open hardware, etc during three days
at a wetlands research center in about a month. See below:
*
*
*Public Lab enthusiastically invites you to join our 2013
Barnraising<http://publiclab.org/wiki/barnraising-2013>,
October 4-6 at LUMCON Research
Station<http://www.lumcon.edu/Information/about.asp> in
Cocodrie, Louisiana. This year's theme is Education, *and there is still
plenty of room for proposing sessions, un-conference style.

*What is a Public Lab barn raising, you ask?* This is the closest thing we
have to a Public Lab conference -- but with an emphasis on "doing stuff
together" rather than just presenting/talking. In the spirit of bringing a
community together to collectively raise a structure such as a barn, Public
Lab comes together to develop tools, toolkits, supporting materials such as
guides and tutorials, test the tools and develop new research directions
and projects. Participants represent a wide range of interests from
technologists and designers to social scientists and community organizers.

*Find more information here:
*http://publiclab.org/wiki/barnraising-2013*,* including
a fantastic video of our 2012 Barnraising.

There is no fee to attend, only a $20/night lodging cost.

*Oh, and did I mention we go boating and kite flying every afternoon? ;)*

Please contact me with any questions. * *
Yours,
Liz

Liz Barry
director of urban environment