[open-science] Open Science at Wikimania (Final Call for Submissions is 31 March)

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Fri Mar 28 12:14:44 UTC 2014

Hi All

Is anyone submitting open science related proposals to Wikimania? I've just
had a look in the open scholarship submissions [1] and there appears to be:

Open notebook science [2]
Open Science Overview (from our very own Graham Steel!) [3]
Wikipedia as a research environment - making it better [4]

In particular, given that PMR is giving a keynote I think we should
consider submitting a content mining related proposal, particularly as this
could liberate a lot of data/images and other scholarly objects for
Wikimedia Commons and other wiki related uses.

Unfortunately, I'll be in thesis editing phase so probably can't attend
myself - is anyone else planning to go and interested in doing something
around getting content for Wikimedia projects through content mining?

ALSO: note there is a fringe event open scholarship hackathon, 19-20 July
in London if anyone would like to go! [5]

Jenny

[1]
http://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Open_Scholarship_submissions
[2]