[open-science] community lead open science (biology) projects

Paweł Szczęsny ps at pawelszczesny.org
Sun Mar 16 14:53:03 UTC 2014

I would put it in the same group - they are quite similar in their
goals and vision. There are of course some differences, but I don't
think they are so deeply important. 'Open source biology' is an older
term that refers to more "institutionalized" projects (BIOS/Cambia,
BioBricks, MTA from Science Commons). For more background see
http://p2pfoundation.net/Open_Source_Biology and
http://p2pfoundation.net/Open_Source_Biotechnology

PS