[open-science] ThinkLab

Svetlana Belkin belkinsa at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 18 13:03:44 UTC 2015

On 03/17/2015 08:31 PM, Raniere Silva wrote:
> except for not being free/open source software,

Open Science doesn't need to be all technology based because Open
Science should focus on the openness of science and creating a culture
for researchers/scientists and everyone else.  Sure, Open Source
technology helps but it's the goals of improving the scientific process
and collaboration makes Open Science what it is.

> I would like to hear your opinion about http://thinklab.com.

Looks like a Patreon for researchers and scientists, but with more of a
focus on openness which is great.  And it also acts like the Open
Science Framework but in terms of getting projects funded with the
intent of publishing the information related to that project.  I'm going
to pass this on to the Open Science Framework group[1] to see their
thoughts on this site, but I'm not hinting to compete with ThinkLab but
to see if it's possible to work together on certain aspects.

[1]https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/openscienceframework
--
Svetlana Belkin
A.K.A: belkinsa