[open-science] ThinkLab

Emanuil Tolev emanuil at cottagelabs.com
Wed Mar 18 13:36:17 UTC 2015

Initially I thought it was actually another crowdfunding science tool, from
the homepage. (The "Top earning collaborators" bit gave me that
impression.) I can see now that you're teaming up with funding partners (I
assume you'll be talking to AMRC, Wellcome and the like. I don't know how
easily this will fit in RCUK's funding framework.)

It's actually changing the way *proposals* are made, and additionally
making collaborator recruitment easier. I do like the idea on both points.

I've seen another project which does the 2nd part, collaborator
recruitment, though it allows for more than just "money" as reward:
https://www.callforparticipants.com/ . It seems reasonably well developed
(but it's got nothing to do with proposals).

Greetings,
Emanuil